Quick Heating And Easy To Use.
Frigidaire was originally founded as the Guardian Frigerator Company of Fort Wayne, Indiana and was the very first company to develop the self-contained refrigerator. As a matter fact the brand became so popular that any refrigerator no matter who the manufacturer was often was called a Frigidaire. This is a feat attained by few companies with Cuisinart being one of the others.
During it’s almost 100 year history the Frigidaire company has been owned by General Motors, Delco-Light, White Sewing Machine Company and its present owner Electrolux. The self-contained refrigerator wasn’t the company’s only first, it also lays claim to the home food freezer, the 30 inch electric range, room air conditioners and something we are all thankful for coordinated colors in home appliances.
Out of all the appliances that Frigidaire manufactures we’re going to concern ourselves with one single home appliance. That one appliance is the Frigidaire convection oven for the countertop. In the rest this article we will give you complete overview of the oven and what some people are saying about it. So let’s dive in.
- This oven has an interior capacity of .7 cubic feet and is able to prepare six slices of toast simultaneously.
- Comes complete with preset cooking options which include bagel, toast, bake, broil, cookies, pizza, reheat and warm.
- The LCD digital display is large and very easy to read. In addition the digital temperature readout makes it easy to set the proper cooking temperature.
- The rapid cooking infrared technology contained in this oven makes for quicker pre-heating and overall cooking as a whole.
- PowerPlus convection technology has been included, which means faster cooking and more even browning.
- The included PowerPlus preheat enables faster heat up times of the oven.
- The easy to clean nonstick interior comes with an adjustable cooking rack, bake pan and a pull out crumb tray.
- Heating elements are comprised of two halogen elements and 2 quarts elements.
- The temperature range of the oven is between 150°F to 450°F.
- Rounding out the list of features is a beautiful stainless steel exterior and a large view window so that you can keep tabs on your food as it’s cooking.
- Dimensions of the oven are 17.75 inches wide x 14 inches deep x 11.5 inches high and weighs 19 pounds.
- Comes with a one-year limited warranty.
All those features are well and good but the big question is what happens when you get it home and start to use it? For those answers we like to turn to real people and find what they are saying about this convection oven. As of this writing the machine is garnering a 3.2 star out of 5 rating with the majority of consumers being happy with their purchase.
Here’s a representative comment from one client.
Great unit with one small flaw By themblues
“I love this unit, it does everything it claims: Fast heat, even cooking (if you use the right shelf level,) good looks, pretty easy interface. My only gripe is that you can’t change the parameters during cooking, You have to cancel the whole process and enter the new parameters and start again. Not a huge deal, but you should be about to hit the temp or time buttons to adjust them on the go. But overall, a winner of a unit, would recommend.”
Are there some drawbacks this unit? The short answer is yes and the main complaint seems to be people waking up to the unit being dead or the digital screen not displaying. The bright spot for this is that it appears that Frigidaire goes out of their way to make sure customer service is handled correctly.
To get more information, read the rest of the customer reviews or to purchase this item simply click on any image or the link below.
Some or all of the links above may be affiliate links, which means that we will be paid a small commission if you should decide to make a purchase. This in no way affects the price that you will pay for the product upon ordering.[googleplusauthor]